Consumer Credit Counseling Services from a Trusted Non-Profit
Are you having trouble paying down the balances on your credit cards? Are you struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments? Are you a senior considering a reverse mortgage? Are you concerned about student loan debt? Considering bankruptcy? Regardless of your financial concerns, at Cambridge Credit Counseling, we’ve got you covered. We are a full-service consumer credit counseling agency, offering a variety of services to help you get your financial life in order. Our services include:
- Credit counseling. Credit counseling is a FREE service that we offer to consumers who are looking to find ways out of debt. Our consumer credit counseling professionals are nationally certified debt experts who will perform and in-depth analysis of your financial situation to help identify ways for you to save money and get out of debt.
- Debt management plans. Also known as a “DMP”, a debt management plan can help consumers by consolidating their unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, into one simple monthly payment. Our typical debt management plan clients see an average interest rate reduction on their credit card accounts of about 64%, which results in an average savings of $142 per month on their credit card payments.
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling. Cambridge is approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide many housing-related services to residents of our community. Our housing counseling services include foreclosure prevention, rental counseling, first-time homebuyer courses, and post-purchase housing counseling.
- Pre- and post-filing bankruptcy counseling. Cambridge is approved by the U.S. Justice Department’s Executive Office of United States Trustees to offer the required educational courses that consumers need in order to file and complete a bankruptcy petition. In order to file for bankruptcy, consumers must first complete the pre-filing credit counseling course. In order to obtain a discharge of their debts in bankruptcy, consumers must also complete the post-filing debtor education course.
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling. Many seniors are looking to reverse mortgages to help them through their golden years. Our certified reverse mortgage (HECM) counselors are here to ensure that seniors fully understand all aspects of the reverse mortgage so that they can make an informed decision. Reverse mortgage counseling is required for anyone seeking a reverse mortgage.